What is public health?
Public health protects and improves the health of all people and the communities where they live, learn, work and play, by working to:
- Prevent and control diseases and injuries
- Keep the environment clean, healthy, and safe
- Promote healthy lifestyles
Where are you located?
We are located at 422 E Douglas Street in O’Neill, NE. Our building is on the north side of Douglas Street. We have a flat metal awning attached to the front of our building.
What services do you offer?
We offer the following services:
- Environmental Health – radon, mold, West Nile Virus
- Immunizations – including flu shots
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Veteran Services
- Dental Services – Miles of Smiles School Dental Program
- Worksite Wellness – on-site wellness screenings
- Emergency Response / Preparedness
- Disease Surveillance
- FREE colon cancer screening kits
For more information about our different services, visit our Programs & Services page.
Do you offer radon testing kits?
NCDHD offers a limited supply of radon short-term test kits during the winter months, if grant money is available to purchase kits. Call our office at 402-336-2406 or toll-free at 1-877-336-2406 for availability. Test kits can also be purchased from local hardware stores.
Do you offer water testing kits?
NCDHD offers water testing kits for private wells only. The kits are free but there is a cost per test and postage: $15.50 Coliform, $13.00 Nitrate, $13.00 Hardness, $13.00 Fluoride, and $13.00 pH.
Last updated 04/11/2017.